Lycee Francais du Chicago Chicago, IL 1993- 2004
The Latin School of Chicago Chicago, IL 2004-2008
The University of Colorado at Boulder Boulder, CO 2008- Dec 2012
- ·I am a senior studying Environmental Studies with a focus in Sustainable Development.
- ·My classes have inspired me to become involved in environmental work on campus, abroad and in my home community.
Applicable classes: Sociology of Agriculture and Food, Environmental Justice, Environmental Economics, Environmental Writing, Designing Social Inquiry Social Statistics, International Development and Peace & Conflict Studies.
Anthony’s Italian Ice (Server, Cashier) Chicago, IL 2005-2009
Chicago Park District (Recreational Leader) Chicago, IL Summer 2008
StreetWise Magazine Chicago, IL Summer 2009
- ·A seasonal internship with a non-profit grass roots magazine that empowers homeless through employment.
- ·I organized the new office space, learned and assisted with magazine operations, performed interviews on the local television station, and published an article in the magazine.
The Fitter Boulder, CO 2009-On Going
- ·I work 15 per week in retail while I attend the university as a full time student.
Elephant Journal Boulder, CO Dec 2011- Jun 2012
- ·I am an editor, writer and run an online talk show for the online publication, elephantjournal.com, that strives to bring social and environmental awareness to its readers. I work 20 per week.
World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms: Walkup Farm Crystal Lake, IL Summer 2011
Extra Curricular and Qualifications:
Field Research Study on Development and Globalization Khon Kaen, Thailand Spring 2011
- · I facilitated, organized and planed the field research activities with NGOs, government officials and villagers during our home-stays with villagers on the environmental issue that the particular village was faced with. I was one of the head leaders in the unit on water and dams and its effects on the ecosystem and marginalized people.
- · I worked on group process through consensus building, critical thinking workshops, and group building activities. My Proudest accomplishment: the development of a seed sharing and community center in Baw Kaew Village. Villagers can now preserve local seed varieties and strengthen community relations. I did the photography and writing for the booklets and pamphlets we created for NGOs and villagers providing them information and tools to spread the word on the seed sharing center.
CU Going Local Boulder, CO 2011
- ·I am on the steering committee of the local food group on campus where I facilitate workshops with NGOs and students.
I speak French & Thai, Proficient Mac & PC computer skills, Excel, Editing, Research, Photography, Writing, and Creative Art